Lately I’ve been enjoying cooking healthy meals. One of my favorite things to cook is a great seafood dish with veggies, and no carbs. Yesterday I made the perfect salmon steaks with cabbage steaks as the side dish. Not only was this meal super yummy it also didn’t take super long to prepare. Since I love sharing my quarantine recipes with all of my clutch readers, keep reading below to get the deets on my restaurant quality home made salmon steaks.
SALMON STEAK RECIPE
- Wash the salmon steaks and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Over low heat in a pan warm up some butter, minced garlic, adobo seasoning, and old bay seasoning. Pour the mixture over the steaks and coat the mixture evenly on both sides.
- Sprinkle some onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, a little salt and pepper on both sides of the salmon. You will need 1 teaspoon of all seasons in order to coat both sides evenly, depending on how big your salmon steaks are. Let the steaks sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Try your best not to over season the salmon because the butter mixture has a ton of flavor. Put enough on the steaks until you can visually see a rub forming. Make sure to gently massage the seasoning into the steaks.
- While you’re waiting for the rub to sink into the steaks get your cast iron skillet ready. Heat up any oil of your choice on medium to high heat. Sear both sides of the steaks for 5 to 7 minutes. You want to make sure it’s on high to medium heat in order to get the perfect brown crust.
- Turn on your oven to 350 degrees and get a baking dish or a cast iron skillet. I prefer a cast iron skillet. Meats cook so much better inside the oven in a skillet.
- Grease your baking dish or cast iron with butter, 2 tablespoons of water, and the leftover drippings from the frying pan. Add a dash of Rosemary, and more minced garlic if you like. If you are not a fan of rosemary you can totally skip this step. If you do decide to use the rosemary don’t go overboard. Rosemary is super pungent.
- Bake the steaks for 20-25 minutes uncovered. If you like your salmon well done cook them for 30-35 minutes. While cooking make sure you check them half way through. You don’t want them to dry out.
- Once they are done you can garish them with lemon, parsley and more melted butter if you like.
I hope you enjoyed this super quick recipe. Let me know in the comments if you are going to make this for dinner soon.