‘Tis the season Clutch family! Can you believe that Christmas is only 5 days away?! I know it’s been some time since I did my last post, but life has got the best of me. Working a 9-5 job isn’t the easiest, especially when you are a natural born creative. However, I’m getting back into the swing of things just in time for Christmas. This year I decided to be non traditional with my gift wrapping. I’m obsessed with non traditional Christmas wrapping paper! My method is first I wrap the gift and then I add holiday elements in order to give it a Christmas flare. In case you are wondering how to do this check out my list below.
My DIY Name Tag!
1. Look for crafts around your house– If you have kids, or if you enjoy DIY projects left over scraps can come in handy. Use construction paper, newspaper, and stickers. Honestly you can use whatever fits your style.
2. Try a plain brown wrapping paper- Add a stencil of your choice and paint a design. Not only will your gift wrap be more personal, it will impress guest during your annual holiday gatherings.
3. Use Ribbon- Ribbon is the ultimate key to gift wrapping and it doesn’t have to be expensive. Check your local dollar tree for ribbon. Use the ribbon to wrap it around the gift and make a huge bow.
4. Try plain white Christmas paper- Use a stamp and an ink pad to go around the wrapping paper to give it a vintage feel.
5. Have fun and as always be creative– This year perfection isn’t the key. Being creative is! Try to think outside the box and add fun elements to your gift wrapping. Bring out your inner child.
6. Don’t waste money on name tags– Try using a Christmas tree stencil on computer printing paper and cut it out. Use a sharpie or metallic marker to write the persons name in fancy cursive.
Below you will find the gifts I wrapped this year. Let me know in the comments how you plan to wrap your gifts this year.
Until Next Time,
Lala Walston (L’Markeinparis)